Your Meteor

This photo was stolen from yourmeteor.com
Seeing these jerks live was that last god damn straw that broke my back and forced me to start this music blog. Like I've mentioned before, I write for a local magazine and these days as journalists in the art world, we're so frickin' polite. SLUG magazine used be that cool underground magazine that would actually give an honest review about a show. Those days are gone. I'm so over babying these musicians. I've had plenty of old men come up to me and tell me I suck at guitar. Think I gave a damn? I probably got even better after that. I'm ready to draw the dagger down, deep into the belly of our music scene.

So, back to this piece of shit band calling themselves "Your Meteor." I've seen the band live about four times since I committed myself to stalking the mullet clad bass player full-time. Have you ever been in an audience and felt a tsunami of sound being thrown from a band into the crowd? You might get to experience that at one of their shows. Especially if you eat a brownie from the Pioneer Park Drum Circle before it starts.
Singer, Guitarist, Drummer, Bass Player, Keys (Left to Right). This photo was stolen from SLUG magazine.
Tom, the lead singer is a tall skinny nerd with some nice round white cheeks. He sips his beer onstage as the falsetto singing face of the band. According to their multitude of female fans, Zeke, the lead guitarist is allegedly the womanizing heart breaker of the group. Too bad he faces the drummer the whole fuckin time. I'd like to see that nice face Zeke. The dude on keys has his long haired head-banging down down to a T. His pale skin reflects a sobriety much further away from Tom's. Innocence oozed through his synthesizer. Then there's Ajl, the dreamy bass player. Donning a silver hoop in his nose and one in his dark brow, he acts humble on stage. It pisses me off. Like, someone swept up a group of leftover twenty-somethings from the streets, gave them hair cuts and put them on stage.

Progressive rock can only keep progressing. Your Meteor will champion that movement for us Salty folks. The band's honest and dark lyrical energy is bejeweled with a modern pop energy.

If you grew up listening to Death Cab, OK Go, Dave Matthews Band or even The Format, you would probably get down to this band, at least I know I do. Not tryna say they sound like those bands above, thats bullshit, these guys made their own garbage music- why compare it to some one else's trash.

 


Byzantium 


Go listen to their new album, Byzantium at yourmeteor.com.
See you at their next show, 
xo Jane.

Comments

  1. She's going back. She paints a canvas of her reactions, I like it๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)