Who the hell do I think I am?

Nobody.

Just a Salt Lake native of Mount Olympus. Started playing guitar and singing professionally at age fifteen getting pimped out to play all kinds of gigs from coffee shops to music festivals. Something about spending those four years trying so hard to get my music out heard,  a quietness grew inside of me after I moved to Oregon for college. I no longer felt this insanely pressing urge to play my music for every one around. I began to realize that my music is for me, not you bitches!

Yeah that was me. 
But damn do I love those people that just want to be on stage every night sharing their blissful talent with the world. Now that I live back in Salt Lake City and can get into bars, the entirety of my social life has been residing in the venues around town. I fucking love going to shows and dancing to live music. You'll find me at Urban Lounge up by the speakers or the State Room kicking it alone in the pews sipping my crown on the rocks. While I am a staff writer for CATALYST magazine and an obsessive researcher on LGBT homeless youth issues, I need a more creative out let for my writing to get me through the samsaric cycle of life. So here it is.

I go to a lot of shows. I'm going to tell you what I think of them. Deal with it.


xo, Jane.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)

Your Meteor