Echolalia

It's a Wednesday night 
in a cold salty city. 
We're driving to a show
but by head feels shitty. 

'Twelve dollar cover please'
In a courtyard with no bar?
Young ass kids at the show
so we stuff the tip jar. 

Cozy on the back wall, 
the stage in perfect view. 
A pink haired goddess stands 
to get her strings in tune. 

And a soft violin commences. 
Goddess becomes the siren. 
Dopamine floods the mind
and I get lost admiring. 

As she sings of graces,
I'm falling into her.
My whole being relaxes
now my head doesn't hurt. 

Pink clouds fill the venue,
her music bounces off them. 
Romantic trance continues
maybe to play pretend. 

That I'm the only one 
she serenades tonight.
Alone in this hall with
her in the spotlight. 

She says into the mic,
'that's our last song tonight, 
what a lovely crowd
thanks for treating us right'

My friend goes to help them 
carry gear to the truck.
Introducing the siren
and my voice gets stuck. 

'I'll see you at my place'
my friend says to them. 
He sees my eyes widen, 
'I told you, we're old friends." 


Until next time Goddess of Echolalia...
xo, Jane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)

Your Meteor