REPAVE by Volcano Choir


'Repave'
Did you fall in love with the cathartic sounds of Bon Iver back when we thought the Mayan calendar was running things? So did I. 'For Emma' was mmmmmmm yes. Something so special.

Well the guy started a new band called Volcano Choir. This full band brings that heavier deeper sound that Justin Vernon had been holding back from us. Their album, 'Repave' was made way back in 2013 but it's been consistent on my sound track these days. I'm not gonna say this album will make you cry like his old stuff did. But it will make you feel things. There's a heavy spaces between each instrument  sound for you to fill with emotion. 'Alaskans' is my favorite song on this album, while I will always suggest to listen to the whole thing beginning to end. It will make you feel like you are on a stormy cliff watching waves crash at the bottom of the Cascadian range. Dress warm.


xo, Jane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)

Your Meteor