On Manifesting Energy.




A few years ago, back when I still donned dreadlocks and had yet to officially begin my spiritual journey, I met a Green Witch. She was at my house for a backyard summer party and she began to tell me how she believes herself to be a Green Witch, with the power to read energies and how they affect each other. "In your case, for example," she said to me, "Your energy is touching almost every person in this backyard. Some more than others. Very unique, you should be aware of that." I looked around at the different groups of friends and strangers mingling, trying to conceptualize what she said. I remember thinking, "if this is real, I need to be more careful at how I interact with others." That was the first time I started to become aware of my influence on others and their effects on me.  

This week in my meditation group at the youth homeless shelter, the concept came up again. One of my students asked me about how negative energy can be spread from one person to another. He asked me if that can really happen and how to stop it. Delighted by his question, I felt it was an important topic to discuss in length, I changed the lesson plan and went in that direction. It sparked one of our first metaphysical conversations as a group. Proud moment!

First thing I brought up was the Law of Attraction. Which states: "by focusing on positive or negative thoughts people can bring positive or negative experiences into their life." I'm sure you've heard of this before. It's like "The Secret." Your feelings, thoughts and actions attract positive or negative experiences. You can manifest a world that is working in your favor just as easily as you can manifest one that is working against you. So, check yourself and see how you are relating to the universe. Think through your day, what did your thoughts look like? Were they positive thoughts? How did your words look? What effect did your words have on your actions and the actions of others around you? This is all the movement of energy bringing either positivity or negativity back into your life. 


Thus we move onto the concept of metaphysical energy. The unseen life force within all of us. Every one has a specific energy in their spirit that can be subconsciously transferred to and from one to another. In all of those energies, there is a force of light and dark. Yes, exactly like Star Wars. Every one has the force in them at different levels, even different colors. Sometimes we can let a dark energy from another person stain our good day. Maybe we hold onto that seed of darkness so tightly... that it grows like an invasive species. Are you letting weeds grow in your energetic space? Because at the same time, exuding your bright energy can help pick up a dark day for some one else and you can be a part of spreading the light. Visualize a life where you keep coming back to that light. Keep spreading it and it will keep growing. Watch it create a domino effect for those around you.

What I'm trying to say is that the energy that you project out into the universe is incredibly meaningful!! It all comes full circle. In that circle, also exists your social circle!! That energy gets passed around too. Surround yourself with people you want to be like because you will be like them. Ask yourself if that is what you want. Check in with yourself after spending time with others so that you may recognize their effect on you. Do you feel lifted up and inspired? Do you feel seen and heard? Do you feel loved and supported?  

Just like we need to let go of the negative voices in our own spirits, we need to let go of the negative forces on the outside. I was told that I would lose many and gain some spiritual friends on my journey. Living that truth, I have cultivated a tribe for myself that is surging with vibrant, successful energy. We are those millennials who want to manifest our own success by doing what we love and making it our lives. WE define what success looks like and we live it out with passion and drive. When one of us succeeds, we all succeed. We celebrate and support each other. There is no such thing as jealousy or competition. That powerful energy is abundantly flowing through each of us and I'm always thriving on it!

I have so much to say on this subject and perhaps will need to do a series on metaphysics with Jane. These are all purely philosophical beliefs. I am always learning more and realizing the depths of human existence. All ideas and beliefs are subject to change. 



With love, Jane.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)

Your Meteor