Straddling Urban Lounge & Metro Music Hall

Tuesday nights are killer for live music in Salt Lake. Plenty of free shows to check out during the week. Tonight I was expected to support two of my bass playing friends separately at two different shows. One was a small band at Urban Lounge and the other was the one and only Your Meteor at Metro

I met my homies at Urban, ordered a Stella and watched Forest Feathers open the show. They definitely had some talent. They needed to turn down and listen to each other. Let each other play through the music. From watching, I'd assume that they haven't played together for very long. 

Forest Feathers at Urban Lounge
Finally my homegirl Karen the bass player came on with her two other band mates to play some simple rock, I want to say more late nineties inspired, with a male lead vocalist/guitarist and male drummer. Just as their set was getting going I received a text that my other homies band was getting set up over at Metro. Right then an old buddy from high school walked in and said hi to the friends I was with. We told him we had to get to the next show and he offered to give us a ride. Yay Joe!






I ran into Metro just in time for Your Meteor's first show to begin. As always the crowd was colorful and dancing. I learned that I can take photos and jam out in front of the speak at the same time. The boys were good sports about letting me take so many shots of them. This would be their only show this summer. The lead singer, Tom, is headed to Portland this summer and they wouldn't be the band with out his falsetto voice and drunken lyrics. He will be missed. Which is why I had to capture so many photos. I wanted to have something to remind them how happy they are when they are playing together. 
















Of course, while I live for live music, it is also my social scene. I could not keep relationships with my musical friends the way I do if I didn't like music. Not to mention, even if I know no one there, I never feel alone in a crowd at a show. So while I'm learning to use this new camera of mine, (save your judgement) I've been snapping pics of everything I do. 










xo. Jane. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)

Your Meteor