BIRTHDAY DIARY | PHOTO JOURNAL (#12)


Birthdays have always been my favorite. I'm one of those people. 
Perhaps it is because mine is the first week of April. 
Spring is here. 
Flowers are blooming. Weather moves between rainstorms and sunshine. 
Humans are planting seeds. Preparing for summer excellence. 
Wardrobes are changing, plans are being made, life is born again. 
So I've always felt lucky that I have an Easter birthday. 
Not only because Jesus came back to give Mary some DOPE teachings but also, it's Buddha's birthday! 
April is for my spiritual bros!

This year's birthday was a little different. I feel like I'm growing into adulthood just a tad. 
We brunched with a few close friends at my favorite - Oasis cafe. 
I indulged in Eggs Bennie and a Matcha Latte. We all shared a German Pancake - HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I relaxed into being surrounded by good friends. 
We spent some time in my psychic friend's little reading nook inside the Golden Braid. 
Aj and I both chose cards. She gave us her intuitive thoughts. We were quite inspired. 



From there Aj and I drove up to Red Butte Garden – one of my favorite places in Salt Lake. 
There was an orchid show. I was completely engulfed with the most beautiful array of award-winning (literally– they had ribbons on them) flowers I'd ever seen. I even adopted my own little magenta orchid. It was IG story central. And the photoshoot began... 



After paying garden admission to get into the event, we had to make the most of it with a stroll through the botanical land. It was raining gently. The weather was perfect. I was warm from the humid orchid room, so the cool rain felt nice. The weather felt like my birthday. We passed the camera back and forth. Took dozens of photos. We kissed, walked and talked until we were so uncomfortable with our wet hair and clothes that we had to end the fun and drive home for a little hot-tub and nap... 













One of the best parts about having a girlfriend – (especially one that likes to get dressed up just about as much as I do) – is getting ready together. Choosing our outfits and putting on make up, painting our nails and sharing hair products – it's so much more fun than being waited on by your significant other. She is right there with me just trying to get at some extra lipgloss. In full glam, we ventured to The Ruin in Sugarhouse to meet my other best friend, my mom, for some dinner and drinks. I indulged in a few whiskey mules as we chatted our little guts out. 







It was a perfect birthday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)

Your Meteor