Echolalia in Babeland



Pull into the driveway
to a porch full of woman.
I smell cigarettes and wine but 
ask when will the music begin.

This crowd is so different
besides the binary pairs.
Leggings in all patterns, 
all the gem colored hair. 

I recognize one man
in a turquoise bolo tie
tuning his guitar 
under a sky of rainbow lights.

But I get uncomfortable, 
I know I don't fit in. 
Deep Thoughts aren't cool enough
my writing will never win. 

Then pink hair walks up
with a jar of moonshine,
a silver velvet skirt,
handing me welcoming eyes. 

So I find a seat 
I can stay for the show.
Others are sitting on the ground
this echolalia they know.

She looks like Esso sounds
She sounds like Apple feels
She feels like Mitchell sings
...Hey mama won't you come down
Hey mama won't you come down...


But she was born from grace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Real About My Spiritual Path

Here's What Happens When You Stop Eating (#11)

Your Meteor